In this episode, Paul Duvall and Brian Jakovich from Stelligent cover recent DevOps in AWS news and do a deep dive into automating the integration of AWS CodeCommit and CodePipeline using CloudFormation.
Finally, they bring you into a Stelligent roundtable to discuss recent DevOps in AWS engagements with customers.
About DevOps in AWS Radio
On DevOps in AWS Radio, we’ll be covering topics around applying DevOps principles and practices such as Continuous Delivery in the Amazon Web Services cloud. This is what we do at Stelligent for our customers. We’ll bring listeners into our roundtables and speak with engineers who’ve recently published on our blog and we’ll also be reaching out to the wider DevOps in AWS community to get their thoughts and insights.
The overall vision of this podcast is to describe how listeners can create a one-click (or “no click”) implementation of their software systems and infrastructure in the Amazon Web Services cloud so that teams can deliver software to users whenever there’s a business need to do so. The podcast will delve into the cultural, process, tooling, and organizational changes that can make this possible including:
- Automation of
- Networks (e.g. VPC)
- Compute (EC2, Containers, Serverless, etc.)
- Storage (e.g. S3, EBS, etc.)
- Database and Data (RDS, DynamoDB, etc.)
- Organizational and Team Structures and Practices
- Team and Organization Communication and Collaboration
- Cultural Indicators
- Version control systems and processes
- Deployment Pipelines
- Orchestration of software delivery workflows
- Execution of these workflows
- Application/service Architectures – e.g. Microservices
- Automation of Build and deployment processes
- Automation of testing and other verification approaches, tools and systems
- Automation of security practices and approaches
- Continuous Feedback systems
- Many other Topics…