Stelligent Amazon Pollycast
In this episode, Paul Duvall and Brian Jakovich cover recent DevOps in AWS news and speak with Ahmed Elsabbahy about Goss, a ServerSpec alternative for testing server configuration.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/331385036″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”450″ iframe=”true” /] Here are the show notes:
DevOps on AWS News
- How to Create an AMI Builder with AWS CodeBuild and HashiCorp Packer
- AWS CloudFormation now supports Amazon EMR security configuration, AWS Lambda & AWS X-Ray integration, Amazon CloudWatch percentile, Redshift resource tagging and other coverage updates
- Introducing Tagging Support for AWS OpsWorks Stacks
- Introducing Aardvark and Repokid – AWS Least Privilege for Distributed, High-Velocity Development
- Working with Branches in AWS CodeCommit Repositories
- AWS Serverless Application Model (AWS SAM) Now Supports AWS X-Ray
- AWS Config Support for Amazon CloudWatch Alarms
- Amazon Cognito Launches Public Beta of a Built-in User Experience for Sign in and SAML Federation for User Pools
- New Features for IAM Policy Summaries – Resource Summaries
- Continuous Deployment to Amazon ECS using AWS CodePipeline, AWS CodeBuild, Amazon ECR, and AWS CloudFormation
- Self-Service Operations
- Education competency program
- Quick video that demonstrates the high level use of AWS Organizations
- AWS Public sector summit Keynote speaker Youtube links:
- Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS) is Now a HIPAA Eligible Service
- AWS GovCloud (US) Heads East – New Region in the Works for 2018
- AWS Named as a Leader in Gartner’s Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Magic Quadrant for 7th Consecutive Year
- What is Goss?
- Why was Goss created?
- Why would you use Goss over serverspec or other server configuration testing tools
- Where does Goss fit into a continuous delivery pipeline
- How does Goss work with AWS?
- How does Goss work with production testing?
- Where can we find out more information about Goss?
- Goss webpage
- How to test your docker image in half a second
About DevOps in AWS Radio
On DevOps in AWS Radio, we cover topics around applying DevOps principles and practices such as Continuous Delivery in the Amazon Web Services cloud. This is what we do at Stelligent for our customers. We’ll bring listeners into our roundtables and speak with engineers who’ve recently published on our blog and we’ll also be reaching out to the wider DevOps in AWS community to get their thoughts and insights.
The overall vision of this podcast is to describe how listeners can create a one-click (or “no click”) implementation of their software systems and infrastructure in the Amazon Web Services cloud so that teams can deliver software to users whenever there’s a business need to do so. The podcast will delve into the cultural, process, tooling, and organizational changes that can make this possible including:
- Automation of
- Networks (e.g. VPC)
- Compute (EC2, Containers, Serverless, etc.)
- Storage (e.g. S3, EBS, etc.)
- Database and Data (RDS, DynamoDB, etc.)
- Organizational and Team Structures and Practices
- Team and Organization Communication and Collaboration
- Cultural Indicators
- Version control systems and processes
- Deployment Pipelines
- Orchestration of software delivery workflows
- Execution of these workflows
- Application/service Architectures – e.g. Microservices
- Automation of Build and deployment processes
- Automation of testing and other verification approaches, tools and systems
- Automation of security practices and approaches
- Continuous Feedback systems
- Many other Topics…