Stelligent Amazon Pollycast
In this episode, Paul Duvall and Brian Jakovich from Stelligent cover recent DevOps in AWS news and speak about the release of AWS CodeBuild and how you can integrate the service with other services on AWS.
Here are the show notes:
DevOps in AWS News
- Managing Your AWS Resources Through a Serverless Policy Engine
- Introducing Git Credentials: A Simple Way to Connect to AWS CodeCommit Repositories Using a Static User Name and Password
- Continuous Deployment for Serverless Applications
- Links to YouTube recordings of AWS re:Invent sessions
- HashiCorp Consul and Vault on the AWS Cloud: Quick Start Reference Deployments
- AWS CloudFormation Supports AWS CodeBuild, Amazon EC2 Simple Systems Manager (SSM) document association, IPv6 support in Amazon EC2 and Amazon VPC, AWS Serverless Application Model, AWS Lambda Environment Variables, and New CLI Commands – AWS CloudFormation Updated Resource Coverage and AWS CloudFormation Supports AWS Serverless Application Model, AWS Lambda Environment Variables, and New CLI Commands
- Building PHP Projects on AWS CodeBuild
- AWS CodeBuild Samples
- Benefits of using AWS CodeBuild along with alternatives
- Which programming languages/platforms and operating systems does CodeBuild support?
- What’s the pricing model?
- How does the buildspec.yml file work?
- How do you run CodeBuild (SDK, CLI, Console, CloudFormation)?
- Any Jenkins integrations?
- Which source providers does CodeBuild support?
- How to integrate CodeBuild with the rest of Developer Tools Suite
Related Blog Posts
- An Introduction to AWS CodeBuild
- Deploy to Production using AWS CodeBuild and the AWS Developer Tools Suite
About DevOps in AWS Radio
On DevOps in AWS Radio, we cover topics around applying DevOps principles and practices such as Continuous Delivery in the Amazon Web Services cloud. This is what we do at Stelligent for our customers. We’ll bring listeners into our roundtables and speak with engineers who’ve recently published on our blog and we’ll also be reaching out to the wider DevOps in AWS community to get their thoughts and insights.
The overall vision of this podcast is to describe how listeners can create a one-click (or “no click”) implementation of their software systems and infrastructure in the Amazon Web Services cloud so that teams can deliver software to users whenever there’s a business need to do so. The podcast will delve into the cultural, process, tooling, and organizational changes that can make this possible including:
- Automation of
- Networks (e.g. VPC)
- Compute (EC2, Containers, Serverless, etc.)
- Storage (e.g. S3, EBS, etc.)
- Database and Data (RDS, DynamoDB, etc.)
- Organizational and Team Structures and Practices
- Team and Organization Communication and Collaboration
- Cultural Indicators
- Version control systems and processes
- Deployment Pipelines
- Orchestration of software delivery workflows
- Execution of these workflows
- Application/service Architectures – e.g. Microservices
- Automation of Build and deployment processes
- Automation of testing and other verification approaches, tools and systems
- Automation of security practices and approaches
- Continuous Feedback systems
- Many other Topics…