This role builds on and extends the skills and experience required of two key roles that typically are held and/or achieved prior to this role: DevOps Automation Engineer and DevOps Automation Engineer – Advanced. At the same time, the role comes without much management obligation nor as much “non-tech” time demanded of a DevOps Automation Engineer – Principal.
The following characteristics are typical of a Stelligent DevOps Automation Engineer – Senior:
- 5+ years of technical experience as either development, operations, or joint DevOps responsibilities.
- 5+ successful customer engagements providing continuous delivery solutions, preferably employing AWS.
- Have trained, groomed, or mentored 3+ other engineers in continuous delivery in the cloud on other active customer engagements.
- In-depth familiarity with complete suite of AWS Services, with particular depth in those that are heavily used when providing DevOps Automation solutions, including CloudFormation, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, EC2, IAM, OpsWorks, Route 53, S3, RDS, SES and VPC.
- Experience establishing and employing Continuous Integration practices and tools such as Jenkins.
- Frequent and comfortable use of configuration management automation tools such as Chef (or other such tools) in creating continuous delivery systems.
- You will be expected to informally lead and mentor other members of your team.
- You will expected to be able to assess risks and plan solutions for the entire team, and collaboratively work with other members to execute them to achieve successful continuous delivery solutions for Stelligent’s customers.
- You will be expected to continually assess successful and not so successful practices, and to collaboratively adapt team practices to improve the value we bring to our customers.
- Recognition and acknowledgment by Stelligent Engineering Panel.